Cost-Effective Water Damage Prevention
A burst pipe or hose can cause major water damage – especially if you aren’t there to notice!
Aqua Trip, by Damage Control Pro, is a leak detection system that fits above your water meter and shuts off the flow in case of a sudden, unexpected jump in water use.
Call us to order your Damage Control Pro unit. We are certified installers.
Did You Know?
- A leak of only ONE drop per second wastes about 10,000 Litres of water a year
- Water damage is often the biggest cost associated with a burst pipe, especially if the flooding continues for any length of time. Total cleanup costs can be $5,000 – $70,000 or more.
- If your insurance company finds the flood was caused by lack of maintenance, they may revoke your coverage and you will be stuck paying the total cost of the repair.
- Even if water damage appears minimal, the cost to remove mold can be significant and can cause your insurance premiums to raise.
- A pipe bursts, a hose blows or a steady drip goes unnoticed for months. Whatever causes a leak, it usually results in a messy, costly problem. The Insurance Bureau of Canada reports that the insurance industry pays $1.7 Billion in claims each year for water damage.